Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Old Friends at the Deaf School

All about the ship the anticipation of the upcoming sail is growing. While I am excited to sail for the first time in my life, I am also sad to know that I must leave the people I have grown close to here in Guinea. I have missed seeing my friends at the deaf school everyday as I did when we were on field service, and I have taken every opportunity to go back to visit and help them with their sign language book project. This week I also had the opportunity to organize a group to go back and begin a new mural in the one classroom that we did not paint before. For this project we are painting a mural of the Microscopic World, complete with atoms, molecules, DNA, bacteria, viruses, and cells. The children and teachers are so excited to see the mural going up, and I love knowing that our murals will stay behind for years to come, even after the Mercy Ships has gone. We leave so very soon now. I will miss these people so much. But I take my memories with me, and perhaps someday when Mercy Ships returns to Guinea, I will see them again.
Aichat and Her Cousin "Helping"




My Wonderful Painting Team


The Completed Mural




The Children Saying Goodbye 

My Special Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment