Monday, February 11, 2013

Onboarding Program - Prayer

Week two of the Onboarding program has been focused on Faith Foundations. We have studied the nature and character of God, spiritual warfare, and prayer. It was truly an inspirational week and I have learned a great deal about prayer and the life that I want to live for God. At the end of this week we had a silent retreat, for the specific purpose of spending quiet, uninterrupted time with the Lord. We were driven to a local state park, where we each spent four hours walking along the paths that lead around the lake and through the forest in prayer and silent worship. It was a wonderful experience and one that I remember for the rest of my life. I realized how little time I actually spend with the Lord, away from all the distractions that surround me, and take the time to just listen. I hope to continue to make a conscious effort to find places where I can be alone with the Lord without distractions.
We had our first meeting this week for our two weeks of field service in Guinea before we board the ship. We plan to build a playground for the local children in Conakry, Guinea, near the local hospital and Christian school.
As an added bonus to this week, the youngest member of our group, Gracie, turned six years old. We celebrated together with presents, cake and ice cream, and the traditional British game of pass the parcel. Our little family grows closer by the day, and I feel so blessed to have these amazing people in my life.
Cookout Night at the Nash Home

A Few of the Ladies

Another Beautiful Texas Sunset


Gracie's 6th Birthday Party ~ One Big Family

No comments:

Post a Comment